Dr Hamid Reza Shahverdi
- Simulation of three-phase flow and Water-Alternating-Gas (WAG) process
- Modelling of cold EOR approach (CO2 and water injection) in heavy oil reservoir
- Developing an in-house simulator for estimating flow functions in porous media
- Shahverdi, H., Sohrabi, M., Fatemi, M., and Jamiolahmady, M., “Three-phase relative permeability and hysteresis effect during WAG process in mixed wet and low IFT systems”, Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, 78(3-4), p. 732-739,2011
- Shahverdi, H., Sohrabi, M., and Jamiolahmady, M., “A New Algorithm for Estimating Three-Phase Relative Permeability from Unsteady-State Core Experiments” , Transport in Porous Media, 90(3), p. 911-926,2011.
- Shahverdi, H., Sohrabi, M., Jamiolahmady, M., Fatemi, M., Ireland, S., "Evaluation Of Three-Phase Relative Permeability Models For WAG Injection Using Water-Wet And Mixed-Wet Core Flood Experiments", SPE (143030) Symposium in Vienna, Austria,May 2011.
- Shahverdi, H., Sohrabi, M., Jamiolahmady, M., Fatemi, M., Ireland, S., Robertson, G.:"Investigation of Three-phase Relative Permeabilities and Hysteresis Effects Applicable to Water Alternating Gas Injection", SPE-EAGE IOR symposium in Cambridge,UK, April 2011.
- Shahverdi, H., Sohrabi, M., Fatemi, M., and Jamiolahmady, M., Ireland, S., A Three Phase Relative Permeability and Hysteresis Model for Simulation of Water Alternating Gas Injection, Paper SPE 152218-PP, April 2012 SPE Symposium on Improved Oil Recovery, Tulsa, United States of America.
- Jan 2008 to Jan 2012: Institute of Petroleum Engineering (Centre for Enhanced Oil Recovery and CO2 Solutions) , Heriot-Watt University.
PhD Thesis: Water Alternating Gas (WAG) injection studies (Theoretical and experimental three-phase relative permeability and capillary pressure).
- 2003-2005: Tehran University, Iran
MSc Petroleum Reservoir Engineering
Thesis title: Determination of carbonated reservoir properties using decline curve analysis.
- 1999-2003, Petroleum University of Technology, Iran.
BSc Petroleum Reservoir Engineering
Dissertation title: Prediction of reservoir performance using material balance method.