Introduction to petroleum geoengineering
This 5-day course reviews the emergence of Geoengineering as a close integration of geoscience, petrophysics and engineering, through reservoir modeling for reservoir management decision-making. The course objectives are to weigh the relative importance of various geoscience and engineering aspects, concentrating on their interactions and their integration. The course provides a framework for the integration of subsurface disciplines.
As there is currently no scheduled course please email your enquiry about cost to the course administrator
Technical personnel including geologists, geophysicists, petrophysicists and reservoir engineers. Integrated asset managers wanting an update and to develop new skills across the subsurface disciplines will find this framework useful.
No detailed knowledge in geoscience or engineering is required. However, experience of integrated working is an asset.
- Reservoir architecture: sequence stratigraphy, flow units, use of outcrop studies, architectural matrix
- Reservoir properties: permeability, permeability anisotropy, geological controls on properties, statistical analysis of permeability, sampling strategies, support and stationarity issues, subsurface permeability prediction
- Geological modelling: variogram analysis, pixel and object modelling, dynamic calibration, matching welltest and core properties
- Reservoir modelling: upscaling and gridding issues, geopseudos, effective properties, history matching, seismic calibration
- Reservoir management: uncertainty handling IOR Matrix, dime principle
- Case studies
Objectives & introduction. Geological architecture. Scales of heterogeneity. Properties - ø/k Properties and geology.
Properties - Pc/Kr. Measurement statistics. Scale-up and effective properties.
Measurement statistics. Permeability anisotropy. Sampling considerations. Flow simulation upscaling.
Spatial statistics. Geological modeling. Well test modeling. Data integration.
Permeability prediction. Reservoir management. Uncertainty management. Wrap-up and close.
No course dates scheduled at present.
If you would like to express your interest in attending this course please email the course administrator.